On street parking
Parking is signposted. There is free parking for 30 minutes in the city center. Place a note or a parking disk in the front window that shows when you arrived at the parking space.
Electric cars and hydrogen cars (not rechargeable hybrid cars) park free of charge at publicly charged parking spaces with max. parking time 1 and 2 hours (3 hours by the hospital).
The parking houses are open 24 hours a day.
- Torvet p-house, driveway at the railway station, approx. 460 places
- Pollen p-house, driveway at the intersection Kystveien / Skytebaneveien, approx. 750 places
- P-house Vest (Alti Arendal), driveway at Vestre gate 11, by Vesterveien 4 and Myreneveien 6, approx. 750 places
- Tyholmen p-house, driveway at Kittelsbukt, 240 places
Max. height is 2.1 m (P-house West 2.2 m). Torvet p-house has five places for cars higher than 2.1 m.
Pay for parking
When parking in P-houses you have four payments options:
- Pay at the payment machine. Enter your license plate number and pay for the time you have parked
- Register your payment card at autopay.io for autmatic payment. You can also start the registration at the payment machine.
- Pay at www.autopay.io within 48 hours
- Drive off without doing anything. The owner of the vehicle will receive an invoice with an additional fee
When parking in the streets you can pay with coins in payment machines. Some of the payment machines also take credit cards.
You may also pay for both street parking and parking in P-houses by using Easypark (15% supplement in the price).
Appeal a parking ticket
At www.ladestasjoner.no you will find maps and an overview of the various charging stations in Norway.
There are reserved parking spaces for people with mobility problems in the streets in the city center and in the parking lots.
Motorbike parking in the city center is free. The spaces are marked with signs. The seats are only for vehicles with two wheels, possibly with sidecar.
Motor homes can park on Parkveien 3. Nidelv camping are set up for campers.
Coaches can park in Friergangen directly opposite Arendal Kino. On weekdays the parking time is limited to max. 2 hours between 08:00 am and 08:00 pm.